Friday, August 13, 2010

Our new baby Ali



Oh my goodness....she is so adorable. We just love our new little Puggle (mix between a Pug & a Beagle). She came to us so quickly, that I don't even believe that she is real!
A few days ago a friend of ours posted on Facebook that one of her clients had 6 week old Puggles that were almost ready to find homes. I instantly wrote her asking for specifics, as I've been wanting to get Cierra a dog for quite some time. There was just one more girl available, and so I thought that by the time I asked Kenny she may be spoken for.
Kenny actually agreed and so I asked our friend to let her client know we were interested. I didn't hear for a few days so I was sad, under the assumption that she had a new home already.
Yesterday afternoon I got a call from her saying that she was available and ready to go home!!! I made up a story to tell Cierra about me meeting someone who had Puggles and wanted some photographs taken of them. She immediately started asking me if she could get a Puggle someday....unbeknownst to her that she was about to meet her new little lady!!!! I snuck with the puppy around the truck and opened Cierra's door and said, "Cierra, meet your new puppy."

Now the moment that happened after this, I will never ever forget. The look on her face, the huge smile, the tears in her eyes. All she could say was, "What? Really?" Then a few minutes later she started crying and said, "Oh mama, I love you." Quite possibly one of my favorite moments ever.

Our first night with her, was like having a newborn in the house. Slept 3 hours, up for 1. Seems to be her routine. We'll get used to it, she is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment