Thursday, April 15, 2010

Skagit Valley Tulip Contest

A friend of mine suggested that I enter the yearly contest for Skagit Valley Tulips. I honestly don't like contests for photography/art. Who is to say one piece of work is better than the others? All Art is beautiful:) urgggg......but....I gave in.
At first I was going to enter all picture perfect tulips. Perfect sky, perfect lighting, perfect tulip. After looking at the other entries though I changed my mind.....as that what was already showcased. So I pulled out my stormy ones from this year and entered those. (I did enter a "HAPPY tulip" too....couldn't resist!)
Voting doesn't start until May 1st, but I thought I'd give you a heads up since in order to vote you have to register @ their site:) click on the photographs to take you to the entry page.
Thanks friends & family for your support!

Entry #1 "HOLD ON TULIPS ITS WINDY OUTSIDE"
Photobucket

Entry #2 "THE TULIP DANCE"
Photobucket

Entry #3 "HAPPY TULIPS"
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Im super excited for you...you are SO going to win! Just remind me when it time to start voting :)

    ReplyDelete