Sunday, October 25, 2009

BRACES!!!!

So evidently it is super cool to have braces when you are 9. When Cierra found out last summer that she needed braces, she hounded Kenny & I every day....begging to get them on. The big day happened last Wednesday. She woke up at 4:30a.m. that morning with an upset belly.....and couldn't fall back to sleep. I think she had worked herself up so much over the past few days with excitement that she just couldn't contain herself anymore.
The dentists at the office are so nice, and really were great with Cierra. I wish I could tell you about the process of getting them on & what happened.....but my big girl had a talk with me before we went to the dentist office.
"now mama, I really want to go in there by myself and surprise you afterwards. I'm big now ya know?"
Well she sure is....and she did surprise us! It took all I had to refrain myself from peeking in to see how it was going, but I did.
So when there was a break from the rain we went outside to take a few pictures of those gorgeous teeth!!!














3 comments:

  1. WOW she seems so young to have braces already!

    Such great pictures as are the ones of the pumpkin patch and it was a fun surprise to see the Costa's picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They put braces on SO young now....We have a little 2nd grader with them on. OH MY!

    She looks darling and I LOVE the pictures!!! How do you do the blur around the border...I love when you do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I know.....she did seem so young to me, but come to find out there are already a few others in her class who have them as well! The problem was that she had a loose tooth 2 years ago which she let dangle in her mouth for weeks without pulling it. The adult tooth under it was ready to come in...& it had no where to come in so it grew in behind it...but only half way down then stopped. So the braces were necessary to pull that tooth in fully. I guess she will have them again at age 12. oh well...at least she thinks they are cool!
    Raelyn, I use a macro lens for most of those shots which will just focus on a certain area blurring out the edges. To get even a blurrier look for some pictures I use Picasso (editing software)...lots of fun stuff on that software!

    ReplyDelete