Friday, May 14, 2010

The Tulip Dance won!!

On Monday I received an email from the managing editor for the Skagit Valley Herald, and he told me that I was a finalist in the Tulip Photo Contest. I was so thrilled, but didn't want to get my hopes up...knowing that there was still some judging to go through.
I am so proud and happy to say that "The Tulip Dance" won! You don't know how much this means to me.

When I first became a photographer at age 19, I could count on my hand the photographers I knew. Now everywhere I turn....... everyone I know is one. It is a tough tough business to be in, hard to find your little place in this very creative world. I LOVE my little place, my very rewarding place. So to have the support I have, and the people that have encouraged me through all these years....it just feels amazing.

I know some of you voted every day, and were very excited about his process for me...and so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!
~K
(Click on the photo to go to the site:)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment