Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My little self employed family.......and some tulips.














Here I sit at my desk, editing photographs......basically what I do every afternoon and there is the sound of typing behind me. My dear husband, at his new desk. We both now share the same office at home, working for our respective businesses. I am a photographer, he a land surveyor. We are both self employed, and having the time of our life.
Times have been tough, times will be tough....but I would never change a thing to have the flexibility of seeing him throughout the day. Or going to pick up Cierra together after school. Making a pot of coffee mid afternoon and sharing it. This is the life I always hoped for, and now we have it!
Today I'm working on some photographs for my Etsy site, tulip photographs. It is almost that time again, my favorite time of year:) With the weather being so warm, it looks like mother nature may allow for them to blossom a bit earlier this year! My goals this year are to spend a few nights up there getting some HDR & sunset photographs.
Tulips are such a happy flower. Their brilliant colors radiate joy, and I wish I could be surrounded by them year round:) Here are a few tulips....and I hope they make you smile!

4 comments:

  1. What I wouldn't do tot be there this year! Especially with you and my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding Lisa! That would be awesome to go out shooting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found the pictures of all of us at the Tulips that year. Oh my gosh...Cierra was around 2. CRAZY!
    I will be there too...snapping away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes Raelyn I found those too recently! I loved those pictures....especially the one that John took of my funky socks. I should frame that one.
    I will be up there quite a bit this time around. I'm selling photo cards now for a few different stores and I need some new tulip colors. I hear there are a few new funky ones out! So let me know when you'll be up there!!

    ReplyDelete